Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Oh wow"

So, my students have been asking to see pictures of me as a baby, when I was their age and pictures of my family.  So today I brought some in for them to see.  Well if you ever want a true opinion about anything, just ask an elementary school student.
When I showed them my baby picture, they told me I was "Bald", when I showed them a picture of me when I was a child their replies were things like "Awww", and "How Cute!".  Then I showed them pictures of my brothers and then I got the comment "Wow yall look a lot alike" and "Now I see it, you just looked like a boy when you were born, but you got cute."  I went on to show them a picture of me before prom when I was in high school with my brothers so they could see what we looked like then and what we look like now and thats when the truth came out "Miss J. How come you were so pretty then?"; "Miss J. You hair looks way better there"; "Oh wow, how come you do not look like that now?"  The best part was when I showed them a picture of me and my brothers from this year (at the beach- hair pulled back and hardly no makeup) one student replies "Yeah, Miss J. thats more like it".
In my defense that was only 4 years ago and I still look the same except for when I see them daily my hair is not curled and in an updo and my makeup in not applied by a MAC stylist.  Learn my lesson, never showing my students pictures of me unless its on the first day of school (because then they are too shy to say anything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment